How we hate you.
Elliot does not appear to be growing out of her Eczema anytime soon. She does seem to be growing out of all of our methods to soothe her. We thought we would be on the mend by now - that we only had to put up with it for 2-3 years. However, Elliot's skin is getting worse not better. And, now she is noticing other people's reactions to her 'owies'.
We have an appointment with an allergist tomorrow. Fingers are crossed in Boise. Please please please let the Dr have something (a cure?) that does more then just alleviate the symptoms or coat her in steroids.
Izaak and I have not have a full night's sleep in a couple of weeks. There is a semi anticipated 3am fit full of intense itching and 2 tired parents trying 101 ways to calm and soothe her back to sleep. We are getting anxious with a new baby coming in 12 weeks. SLEEP? And, then, what if we have two lil'eczema kids?
So, in the spirit that it takes a village... we are open to any ideas, tips, advice, or recommendations you might have. Comment here, or send me an email. I am listing some things that we have already tried over the last few years...
- There are NO common lotions that we haven't tried in the last 3 years. If it is sold at Walmart or Rite Aid we have tried it. She develops a rash usually after the 3rd or 4th time we use anything. The only exception is that we can use Vaseline and glycerin. But both are really sticky and don't absorb into her skin well.
- We have tried bathing her everyday...with Epsom salts, with vinegar, with oatmeal, with essential oils. She almost always flares up the next day.
- We have tried bathing her 1x a week, every other week. Her skin doesn't get better.
- She has been tested for allergies. Positive only for eggs. We are have been an egg-free house for 2 years.
- I don't even know the last time we had pine sol or 409 spray in the house. We are experts at cleaning with vinegar, baking soda, and tea tree oil. No chemicals that could irritate her. The only exception is laundry detergent and dish soap. We use a 'free and clear' version for each of those.
- Dander? Dust? We don't have any pets. We vacuum every other day.
- OTC children's Zyrtec and Claritin...we use/have used. But are questioning if they are helping any more.