Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

caramel popcorn recipe

I love caramel corn.   And thanks to Ms. Martha Stewart, I have an excellent recipe. It's is excellent, simple, and I usually have all the ingredients at home - so I can make it on a whim.

You need:
1/2 c popcorn kernels, 1 1/4c white sugar, 3-6 T butter, 3/4t salt, and 1-2 cups whatevers (optional) (peanuts, cashews, raisens, almonds)

I make my popcorn in a sauce pan.  I don't have a fancy air popper :) ya'll know how?  Well, 1/2c kernels, and a little bit of oil, medium heat and a lidded sauce pan.  You can figure it out.

And the caramel.

add 1/2c water to 1 1/4c sugar in a saucepan. medium heat. stir until sugar is dissolved and syrup is clear. Then cook, without stirring, until syrup boils.  let it boil and gently swirl pan until it is a medium amber color  - remove from heat.  With a clean wooden spoon, stir in butter and salt.  (it will foam and bubble). stir until smooth. 

Pour this over the popcorn & whatevers.   sitr to coat, until cool.

It will store for a week.  Yet, it will only last a night. 


2 comments:

  1. Kristen... i've found your facebook profile and i saw the blog in there!! How is it going? Doy you remember me?? How is everything in there!! I saw the pics.. How nice!! you're mother!! Woww!! Tell me about you.
    Inara
    Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inara
    HELLO!!!! of course I remember you! What have you been up to? School? Work?
    My life has been good. Married, with kids and hanging out.
    I can't beleive that it has been so long. 11 years already :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh Please, say something lovely.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...